Friday 30 September 2011

Busy, busy, busy....

Just to explain the lack of posts, I've been busy working, writing and sadly positing on political blogs about issues in education.

I wish I didn't feel I had to but I feel that someone should and if not me then who?

Hey ho.



But on a much more positive note one of my jobs has been to research and write this course:
http://osiriseducational.co.uk/maths/transforming-maths-2010.html

It's given me a context within which to focus my attention on re-analysing the emerging technological infrastructure which can support mathematics education.

What I see being reality in 3-5 years time inspires me. 

In my crystal ball I see the integration of systems which track students progress with both axiomatic and personal skills in mathematics and to which all stakeholders can contribute together.  I see interactive teaching systems which can automatically populate elements of this system.  And I see accreditation based on such a system which can replace SATs with much more worthwhile, robust, diverse and meaningful low-stakes accreditation.

The fundamental elements are all now in place...... now I just have to figure out how to make others see what I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment